Google

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rock of Ages

Where do I begin to describe a movie that I almost consider a spiritual revelation! Long Live Rock and Roll!! This movie was AWESOME!! The fact that I know and already loved almost all of the songs used in the movie combined with a perfect plot- which although predictable was exactly what the music required- The music from the 80s CAME TO LIFE! Literally right before your eyes. I could not believe how touched I was by the timing of the songs against the plot and what the characters were dealing with at the moment they were singing each particular song. I sang, I laughed, I cheered, and I cried!!! I downloaded the soundtrack on my way home from the movie!!! I went into it expecting to be entertained, and what I got was soooo much more! WOW!!! It is romantic, tragic and sweet; It also manages to be grotesque, yet sexy. But what surprised me the most is how deep it actually managed to be despite its apparent popcorn movie facade.... Go figure! Best movie of 2012 hands down!!! Get Noticed with a $7.99 .CO!

No comments: