Google

Friday, May 9, 2008

Go Speed Racer Go!!!!

I watched it opening night and thoroughly enjoyed it!

The things that Speed Racer is able to do with his car in this film are so far beyond anything that has ever been thought up before, that it is hard for some viewers (or should I say critics) to accept.

He can do flips, grind it on the edge of the track, jump, defend other friendly drivers, bump other cars off the track. I mean just thinking up the moves that that car does in the movie is truly remarkable!

The level of visual creativity has gone beyond what anyone could have predicted!

After reading some of the brutal reviews I got to thinking and analyzing how could this be? How could a movie this creative recieve such reviews? It boggles my mind. So I went to watch the film again today just to see if I could wrap my wits around it.

And ironically I concluded that these overcritical critics are paralleling the villains in the movie itself! The core of the plot- Small family owned business goes up against monster corporation threatening to devour all in its path. In the movie itself Speed Racer and his family are villified by the media- which is nothing more than a controlled voicepiece for the big corporations. So these movie critics are just following suit. Another theory is that they are just so lost in their conservative ways and the status quo of samo samo action movies that Speed Racer went off of their radar, and they weren't even able to percieve its brilliance!

Speed stands for fair competition, and love of the sport. His example is inspirational to anyone in any field! And my god it was fun to watch!

He remained true to his goals, and kept his integrity clean.

Great story! Great for kids! And I loved it too!

No comments: