Google

Monday, May 5, 2008

REDBELT very big surprise!

This is a movie I had heard NOTHING about whatsoever. The first I heard anything about it was was when I was walking in to see Ironman, there was a promotional stand showing some still shots of some of its scenes, and it sai REDBELT on it. I took a look and it caught my eye.

I read a synopsis, and decided to go watch it.

This movie packs a hell of a punch.

It centers around the Jujitsu sport/martial art form. Our star is married to a beautiful Brazilian babe, who he presumably met when he was down in Brazil learning the moves under the Master Sensei. The Brazilian culture has embraced this martial art form and therefore the film has its share of Brazilian actors in it. This gives the movie a very fresh, new feel since brazilian actors seldom get into the mainstream silverscreen. Our primary "Belleza" Alice Braga shines in this film, bringing to life the Brazilian passion we like to see.

The story is very unusual, and it is fast paced. Believe me it is not a predictable story at all, things change so fast, that you simply have to enjoy the ride.

It is a film that juxtaposes greed, and honesty, and in showing us one interpretation their various facets, allows us to reflect and see that the choices that this Jujitsu Master, convincingly portrayed by Chiwetel Ejiofor has to make are not dissimilar to the smaller less dramatic choices each and every one of us face every day.

I truly recommend this movie, it is heartfelt and deep.

No comments: