Google

Saturday, May 3, 2008

IRONMAN - It Delivered!

I went to see it opening night at the Arclight Hollywood Cinerama Dome. It was the 12:01 AM sold-out showing. When I walked into the ticket line I noticed an oddity, no one was in line. The center of attention had shifted to the center of the room. I looked around and spotted some secret service security looking dude, undercover, with an earpiece and I thought, ok...where is the big celeb?
I then looked to the right and saw a huge fellow wearing a Dallas Cowboys jersey. I recognized him from the film Swingers- it was Jon Favreau! The director! I let my eyes continue their Terminator-esque scan, allowing my inborn facial recognition software to do its job and voila! standing next to Jon was Ironman himself Robert Downey Jr !
Ok, no big deal! so I go in, sit down, the crowd is excited. Now keep in mind this is a Thursday night, and there are about a thousand people here to watch a comic book movie. To introduce the film, Jon comes out, announces Robert Downey Jr. who gives a little speech, the crowd responds very well to this little unexpected extra, and then the movie starts!
I have to say that I liked it a lot!
Our hero's pivotal realization that selling weapons is not the solution to world peace is a message I cannot agree with more.
The special effects are awesome, and really put you there. Very engaging visual effects!
The display of gadgetry is truly out of this world, fun for the whole family! Robert Downey Jr. adds his own sense of humor and style to the role, and I must say I can find no flaws there. Gwyneth Paltrow was hot as usual, but I don't think she was utilized to her fullest.
Was it the best superhero movie ever? I would not go that far....But it certainly was entertaining as hell!! And it definitely will take its rightfully earned place up there with all the other cool superhero movies. If I had to rate it myself, I'd say, it was not as good as Batman Begins, as good as Spiderman and better than Superman Returns, and Fantastic 4! How's that for a rating? Go enjoy it!!

3 comments:

BCK said...

Thanks for the review. Will watch Ironman tonight in Bermuda. Some of your review got cutt off toward the bottom of each slide though.

BCK said...

Thanks for the review. I will check it out tonight in Bermuda. Some of the text got cut off towards the bottom of each superimposed slide that you included.

Anonymous said...

Neat movie. Thanks for getting me there to see it.
The gadgetry was spectacular and those robot pets ought to be for sale.