Google

Sunday, April 13, 2008

I am glad that I saw Prom Night

Why would I be glad that I went and saw a seemingly meaningless slasher film?

Because the film reinforces the stupidity of the psychiatric influence in the courtrooms.

Brittany Snow, did a great job playing a character who witnessed a brutal murder by a psycho. The psycho is obsessed with her. After being caught instead of being convicted and executed, he was given a lighter sentence due to an "Insanity Plea".

The officer in charge of the case mentions his frustration. His frustration is mirrored in this quote from a brilliant article on the subject "Law enforcement officials have a hard time keeping up with increasing crime. It is even more disheartening for them to gather the evidence against a defendant and see his conviction lessened or exonerated because of psychiatric or psychological testimony excusing the crime."

The lead also pops psychiatric pills, but makes a very interesting comment. She tells her aunt that she is not taking any pills on prom night."I don't want to be numb tonight" she says. And she is totally right. I was like good for you! don't take them pills! you don't need them!

It kills me that even though it is common knowledge that these pills do nothing beneficial for you and actually harm and numb your perceptions, people still fall prey to psychiatrists who prescribe them like candy.


Congratulations to Brittany Snow for starring in her first #1 movie. I know we'll be seeing more of her.

No comments: